1. Office / Design Center - Always make sure your pool builder has a location. Too many times, especially since covid, we hear from clients who chose a pool builder becasue they had a good sales pitch... only to never finish the pool and we get called to finish the project.
2. Pool References - Go and look at and meet with owner's of pools the builder has actually built. If they they are unable show you pools they have built - RUN! Sundial alwsays offers to take prospective clients to see some of our pool projects and meet the homeowners and talk with them.
3. Reviews - Check out google reviews. An established pool builder will have a google account and it will show their office location, phone, and of course the reviews.
4. Service Department - While the pool construction is the most important thing to you as a client... the first 30 days after a pool build are the most important to the actual pool. A builder who does not have a service department and subs out the work can use this to push blame off on them if there are issues. Quality pool builders will have a service department to handle the startup and curing of the pool as well as giving the clients a Pool School to learn to operate their pool equipment.
5. Construction Team - Make sure your pool builder is really a pool builder and not a GC who subs out all of their work. Sundial does our own desings, pool digs, plumbing, stone work, and grading, pebble brush and balances, and startups... in-house.
Follow these 5 suggestions and it will greatly reduce the chance of getting a dead beat pool builder. Come to our design center and check things out and meet our team at Sundial Pools!